Penggunaan Some Dan Any
Some digunakan dalam kalimat
positif, sedangkan any digunakan dalam kalimat negatif.
Contoh :
1. I’m going to buy some
clothes.
I’m not going to buy any clothes.
2. There’s some milk in the
fridge.
There isn’t any milk in the fridge.
3. We made some mistakes.
We didn’t make any mistakes.
4. She said something.
She didn’t say anything.
5. I saw somebody.
I didn’t see anybody.
6. I bought some cheese, but
i didn’t buy any bread.
7. I went out to buy some
bananas, but they didn’t have any in the shop.
8. Tom doesn’t live anywhere
near London.
Tom lives somewhere near London.
Saveral memiliki arti yang sama dengan some. Tetapi, several menyatakan jumlah yang lebih besar daripada some dan lebih kecil dari many.
Kalimat tanya biasanya
menggunakan any, kecuali kalimat tanya untuk menawarkan sesuatu atau meminta
sesuatu biasanya menggunakan some.
Contoh :
1. Is there any milk in the
fridge?.
2. Does he have any
friends?.
3. Do you need any help?.
4. Would you like some
coffee?.
5. Can i have some soup,
please?.
6. Can you lend me some
money?.
7. I want to wash my hair.
Is there any shampoo?.
8. Did you go anywhere last
weekend?.
Some dan any tidak perlu
selalu diikuti oleh kata benda.
Contoh :
1. I didn’t take any
pictures, but Jessica took some.
2. You can have some coffee,
but i don’t want any.
3. Are there any biscuits?
Yes, there are some in the kitchen.
4. I’ve just made some
coffee. Would you like some?.
Any dapat diganti dengan no,
tetapi bentuk kalimat harus menjadi kalimat positif.
Contoh :
1. There aren’t any cars in
the car park.
There are no cars in the car park.
2. There isn’t any sugar in
your coffee.
There’s no sugar in your coffee.
3. They don’t have any
children.
They have no children.
4. There aren’t any shops
near here.
There are no shops near here.
5. Carla doesn’t have any
free time.
Carla have no free time.
6. There isn’t anything in
the bag.
There is nothing in the bag.
7. I’m lonely. I don’t have
anybody to talk to.
I’m lonely. I have nobody to talk to.
8. There isn’t anything to
do in this town.
There is nothing to do in this town.
9. She didn’t hear anything.
She heard nothing.
10. We didn’t find anything.
We found nothing.
11. I don’t like this town.
There isn’t anywhere to go.
I don’t like this town. There is nowhere
to go.
Jika no tidak diikuti dengan
kata benda, maka diganti menjadi none.
Contoh :
1. Were there any problems?
No, none.
2. How much luggage do you
have? None.
How much luggage do you have? I don’t have
any.
3. How many people did you
meet? None.
Any dapat digunakan dalam kalimat positif jika diikuti oleh uncountable noun atau dengan kata lain kita tidak keberatan dengan pilihan apapun.
Contoh :
1. You can get any kind of help by joining this community.
2. You can plant this tree on any soil.
Anyone bersifat lebih formal daripada anybody. Anyone digunakan dalam writing, sedangkan anybody digunakan dalam speaking.
Beberapa compound words dan phrase kata any :
Any longer : Lebih lama lagi
Any less : Kurang dari itu
Any degrees : Derajat apa saja
Any better : Ada yang lebih baik
Anywise : Bagaimanapun juga
Any kind : Apapun
Any kind of : Segala jenis
In any manner : Dengan cara
In any way : Dengan cara apapun
On any condition : Bagaimanapun juga, dalam kondisi apapun
Under any circumstances : Dalam keadaan apapun
Contoh :
1. We have to endure in any way until people come to save us.
2. We have to give him a second chance anywise.
3. She didn't want to miss any kind of opportunity offered to her.
4. They continue to be together on any condition.
5. I don't believe him any less after the lie he did before.
Beberapa compound words dan phrase kata some :
Somehow : Entah bagaimana
Somewhy : Entah kenapa
Somewhat : Agak
Somewhere : Di suatu tempat, entah di mana
Someplace : Di suatu tempat, entah di mana
In some way : Dalam beberapa cara
Some kind : Sejenis
Contoh :
1. Somehow he found out where I was hiding.
2. Somewhy I felt sad when I found out that she was moving out of town.
3. I somewhat forgot about this place.
4. I thought this animal was some kind of insect.
5. I don't know I dropped the key somewhere.
Perbedaan Sometime, Sometimes dan Some Time
Sebagai adverb, kata sometime (tanpa akhiran -s) menyatakan waktu yang tidak terbatas atau tidak disebutkan di masa depan. Sebagai adjective, kata sometime berarti 'sesekali', 'sediakala', 'yang lebih dahulu', 'yang tadi' atau 'bekas'.
Kata sometimes (dengan akhiran -s) sebagai adverb digunakan untuk menyatakan 'adakalanya', 'kadang-kadang', kadang kala', 'sesekali', atau 'sekarang dan nanti'. Sometimes dapat digunakan untuk menyatakan kebiasaan atau sesuatu yang berulang terjadi.
Kata some time (dua kata) digunakan untuk menyatakan periode waktu. Some time memiliki arti 'beberapa waktu'.
Komentar
Posting Komentar